Friday 18 April 2014

Drawings, drawings everywhere and not a drop to drink

Not entirely true. There is cider.
Part of getting on with things has been getting sorted out, going through the mounds of stuff I hoard and working out what is useful and what is just being kept "in case". It is having two effects:

1. there is room to store what I really need

2. I am finding all sorts of things I forgot I had

It's like a treasure hunt at times. The sheets of mica have great possibilities. And I found my soft charcoal pencil and the blue drawing paper - at last.

I know where all my paintings are, always have, but I had forgotten a lot of the drawings I have done over the years. The small book with the sketches of my daughter when she was a new born, the abortive start of the Glorantha comic book, drawings of family and friends, me in different stages of pregnancy. Still lives, life drawings, Celtic designs, prelimary sketches for paintings, the list goes on. Stuffed into drawers, placed in folders, buried under yet more drawings. And for some reason some are in the filing cabinet with my tax stuff and research papers. Which is where I found Cthulhu Bunny.

This was done years ago, pre-children, for a convention I used to help run with spouse and friends. For those who don't know, Cthulhu comes from the horror writings of H P Lovecraft. Penguin and fox were con mascots at different times for different reasons (penguin was the first). There is a dressup paper doll sheet somewhere for the fox (his favourite was always the Xena costume). I'll see if I can find it. But in the meantime (and a day early):

HAPPY EASTER!
Cthulhu Bunny by Megan Hitchens


No comments:

Post a Comment