Saturday 14 June 2014

I Want More!

SOMETHING SOLD! Ha ha! Something sold!

Someone bought one of my pieces in the exhibition. Actually, someone bought my favourite piece in the exhibition. Which is wonderful. My mother doesn't like to put her favourite pieces on sale in case someone buys them, but I suppose we are a little different.

There are a couple of pieces that I will never sell, but beyond that...

My wall at the Choose Yourself Exhibition, Entrance Gallery, The Entrance, 2014. Cipher is the one in the middle, you know, the one with the snakey thing.
As you already know, I put in abstracts drawn using the Zentangle method (you can find out more about this wonderful way of drawing here), something of a departure from my usual figurative realism. And I was quite nervous about them. But I am quite proud of them, they are good pieces. And I love Cipher. I think it works really well.

So it is very satisfying that someone else thinks so too.

My painting master, Charlie Sheard, always said to do what you love - eventually you will find someone who loves it too. This was in the context of "don't paint to trend or market", and is very sage advice.

And it works (and has covered the cost of the frames).

But here's the drawback - that's one sold. What about the others? Who will give them a home? Who will love them enough to GET OUT THE WALLET?

It's not enough to sell one. I am a selfish git. I want more.


No comments:

Post a Comment