Thursday 5 June 2014

Moan, Moan, Moan

Okay, be warned. I am having a whinge.


Anyone who knows me knows I am a whinger. Never more content than when I can tell my woes to another. Quite disgusting. Especially when I have friends who have real problems - divorce, illness, deaths in the family. Could I possibly get some perspective?

But I am still going to have a whinge.

My kids have flu. They were supposed to go away with their father this weekend. Down to Canberra to roleplay at a convention. And I was supposed to have the weekend all to myself.
For the first time IN YEARS.

But they are both quite ill. Which isn't their fault and sucks for them more than for me.

And to make matters worse, my daughter, whom I thought was on top of all her school work, has chosen, CHOSEN (see those capitals?) to send it all (well, History anyway) to hell in a great, big flaming handbasket of doom. Doom, I tell you.

So it has been a lovely day. And I really feel like going to the exhibition opening tomorrow and then doing duty on Saturday (I'll be there Saturday, and Monday 16th June if you want to come in and say hi. Promise I shall be chirpy).

I think I shall stick my head under the covers for a bit.

And just to prove that it's not all Abney Park and to give me the kick up the bum I deserve:


No comments:

Post a Comment